Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lemon-Basil Orange Roughy



I don't know what the variety was, but my mother purchased some pre-seasoned Tilapia from Costco and served it at a family dinner last week. It was so good! I used my memory of that dish to prepare some orange roughy I had in my freezer. Success!

Note: I always try to have Trader Jo's Pesto on hand. It comes in a 6.7 ounce jar. If I use only a part of the jar, I pour some olive oil over the top and store it in the refrigerator to use for other meals. That's something I used when I made homemade pesto for the freezer. The oil keeps the basil from turning black. It's never a problem to use the rest of the jar. There are so many things that are perfect for pesto! Remind me to share my Cheesy Salmon Pasta recipe!


1 12-oz package of Kroger frozen orange roughy, thawed in cold water in the sink (takes about 30 minutes to thaw)
1 small lemon
1 jar of Trader Jo's Basil Pesto

Place orange roughy fillets in a small baking dish.  Squeeze lemon juice over the fillets.  Smear pesto over the fillets - perhaps 1/2 tablespoon over each, or as much as you want.

Bake fillets in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center.

(I used a small convection oven.  If you don't have one, it might need to bake a little longer.)

Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment