Saturday, August 31, 2013

Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage

"Since being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, this recipe has become the most convenient, healthy breakfast for me on an almost daily basis.  I have a patty on a Fiber One Multigrain English Muffin for breakfast most every morning.  It's my own sausage muffin sandwich.  Add an egg if you like!  I originally found a version of this recipe online as a copycat Jimmy Dean-style sausage and over time have made my own adjustments.  If having more fat is what you like, use whatever higher fat meat you'd like."   ---Merilou



20 oz package of 93/7 Ground Turkey
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients well.  Divide into 10 portions for 2 oz patties.  Shape and pat until about 1/4" thick.  Fry in dry non-stick fry pan, over low heat to cook through.

Note:  I slightly under cook the patties, cool, then wrap well to freeze.  I cook each individual patty wrapped in paper towel for approximately 1 minute, judging doneness by the amount of steam coming from the patty.  Don't overcook!

No comments:

Post a Comment